Turn leftover roast beef into juicy Philly cheesesteak-style baguettes. Packed with thinly sliced roast beef, sweet caramelised onion, peppers and oozing melted cheese, it's the ultimate loaded sub. Tuck in!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 green and 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 200g leftover roast beef, thinly sliced
- 150g Cheddar, grated
- 4 white sub rolls
- 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 10 mins, stirring regularly, until softened and beginning to caramelise. Add the peppers and cook for 5-8 mins until tender.
- Add the beef and cook for 1-2 mins until warmed through. Sprinkle the cheese over the beef and onions, cover with a lid and leave for 1-2 mins until the cheese melts.
- Slice the sub rolls in half and toast. Spread each roll with mayonnaise, then divide the cheesesteak mixture between each roll.